For a detailed resume, check out my LinkedIn or contact me!
CSS, SASS, frameworks (Bootstrap, Materialize)
Node.js + Express, Python + Flask
Vector and raster data
Tools for Engineering + Analyses/Analytics: QGIS, OpenStreetMap (iD, JOSM), GDAL, PostGIS, Esri products (e.g., ArcMap, ArcPro, ArcOnline), other open-source geospatial libraries/packages/software
Tools for Mapping Services: Mapbox GL JS, Leaflet (R or JS), Google Maps API
Data: json, geojson, shp, (satellite) imagery, tiff, csv, kml, osm xml/pbf, R/Python data frames, sas7bdat, unstructured text (tweets, free text)
Data Mgmt: SQLite, PostgreSQL(+PostGIS), Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB
Data Analytics: R, Python, Stata, GeoDa, SAS
Data Visualizations: D3.js, R Shiny Apps + Plotly + Leaflet, Tableau, PowerBI
Architecture: Client-server (RESTful API), Pipline, Database-centric, Event-driven
Environment: package/library mgmt (pip, conda, R), version control (git, GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab)
January 2018 - Present[Geo]Data Scientist at Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
July - December 2017Data Intern at Mapbox
February - June 2017Data Production and Dissemination Officer at Statistics Canada
- Reached out to local communities to engage in contributing OSM data
- Spatially managed and analyzed government business data
- Researched and designed a mobile crowdsourcing web app
- Collected, managed, analyzed, and visualized large spatial (osm/pbf, geojson, shp) datasets
- Developed a spatial server: PostGIS -> Node.js back-end -> GeoJSON RESTful API -> web app & map. Code can be seen here
- Advised on open data licensing
- Developed R code for monitoring, analyzing, and visualizing OSM data
- Supported open-source code and data, and contributed back via GitHub
- Researched and developed a methodology to assess the quality of OSM data. Research can be seen here
- Collected and managed a Postgres/PostGIS database for quality assurance
August 2016 - June 2017Open Data Consultant & Full-Stack Web Developer
Front-end web development for Open North and Publish What You Pay Canada. Collected and managed a database of payments to government organizations from resource extraction companies; and, with the data, designed and developed an interactive Mapbox.js map and D3.js dashboard web app. Check out the visualization here.
Back-end and front-end development for Johns Hopkins University’s Center for Government Excellence. Designed with SASS, managed data with Postgres, and developed a Node.js web app hosted on Heroku that served an open data standards directory. Check out the site here.
Experienced handling various administrative data from various sources.
Designed and developed UI/UX templates for maps, websites, data portals.
May - August 2016Research Assistant at Geothink
2012 - 2016Bachelor of Arts at McGill University (Graduated with Distinction)
Major: Geography; Minors: Geographic Information Systems, Remote Sensing, Anthropology
Activities: Big Buddies Tutoring (2015); Drive Safe (2013); McGill Varsity Soccer Team (2012-2013); Maptime MTL (2015-2016)
- With Python, mined thousands of georeferenced tweets and then managed, analyzed, and visualized the spatial and temporal
- Developed a web app that automatically scraped, standardized, and mapped Kijiji real-estate postings
- Designed an online survey, coded the data, and then spatially predicted where new dumpsters should be located in Montreal
- Ran a cost distance analysis that identified a new hiking path in North Vancouver