For a detailed resume, check out my LinkedIn or contact me!
RESTful API, Node.js, Express, ~PHP, ~Python
Vector and raster data
Esri products (e.g., ArcMap), QGIS, OpenStreetMap (iD, JOSM), GDAL, Mapbox GL JS, Mapbox JS, Mapbox Studio, Leaflet, PostGIS, Google Maps API, other open-source geospatial tech
Data: json, geojson, shp, (satellite) imagery, csv, kml, osm xml/pbf
Data Mgmt: SQL, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, ArcGIS gdb
Data Analytics: R, D3.js, ~Python, ~Stata, GeoDa
GitHub, Stack Overflow, GIS Stack Exchange, OpenStreetMap (OSM), Twitter Streaming API
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) (January 2018)
- Mapbox (July - December 2017)
- OSM data validation and tooling with Node.js
- JOSM armchair mapping
- OSM community organization (e.g., planning workshops, presentations). Check out my post on Mapbox's "Points of Interest" blog
- English teaching
- Data visualizations with JS/React and Mapbox GL JS (e.g., Crimecouver and BC2020 Mapathons)
- Statistics Canada (February - June 2017)
- Reached out to local communities to engage in contributing OSM data
- Spatially managed and analyzed government business data
- Researched and designed a mobile crowdsourcing web app
- Collected, managed, analyzed, and visualized large spatial (osm/pbf, geojson, shp) datasets
- Developed a spatial server: PostGIS -> Node.js back-end -> GeoJSON RESTful API -> web app & map. Code can be seen here
- Advised on open data licensing
- Developed R code for monitoring, analyzing, and visualizing OSM data
- Supported open-source code and data, and contributed back via GitHub
- Researched and developed a methodology to assess the quality of OSM data. Research can be seen here
- Collected and managed a Postgres/PostGIS database for quality assurance
- Open Data Consultant & Full-Stack Web Developer (August 2016 - June 2017)
- Geothink (May - August 2016)
Data Team Intern
Data Production and Dissemination Officer
Front-end web development for Open North and Publish What You Pay Canada. Collected and managed a database of payments to government organizations from resource extraction companies; and, with the data, designed and developed an interactive Mapbox.js map and D3.js dashboard web app. Check out the visualization here.
Back-end and front-end development for Johns Hopkins University’s Center for Government Excellence. Designed with SASS, managed data with Postgres, and developed a Node.js web app hosted on Heroku that served an open data standards directory. Check out the site here.
Experienced handling various administrative data from various sources.
Designed and developed UI/UX templates for maps, websites, data portals.
Bachelor of Arts at McGill University (Graduated with Distinction)
- Major: Geography; Minors: Geographic Information Systems, Remote Sensing, Anthropology
- Activities: Big Buddies Tutoring (2015); Drive Safe (2013); McGill Varsity Soccer Team (2012-2013); Maptime MTL (2015-2016)
- With Python, mined thousands of georeferenced tweets and then managed, analyzed, and visualized the spatial and temporal
- Developed a web app that automatically scraped, standardized, and mapped Kijiji real-estate postings
- Designed an online survey, coded the data, and then spatially predicted where new dumpsters should be located in Montreal
- Ran a cost distance analysis that identified a new hiking path in North Vancouver